New Strategies For Another New Reality! Engage, Connect & Empower Staff Through Times Of Constant Change With Connected, Strategic & Empowering Internal Communications: Plan For The Unknown Future With Proactive, Multi-Channel Communication Strategies, Engage Leadership & Cement IC’s Position As A Business-Critical Function For Continued Investment & Drive Successful Culture Change With Powerful Digital Tools To Boost Employee Experience & Productivity Across Home, Office & Hybrid Working.
A Practitioner-Led, One-Day Conference & Virtual Networking Event, 22nd June 2021.
08:30 Registration, Morning Coffee & Objective Setting
09:10 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting Introduction & Morning Chair’s Opening Remarks
James Bedford, Global Director Internal Communications & Employee Engagement, RB
ENGAGEMENT IN THE FACE OF CHANGE
09:05 Create Empowering Internal Communications That Boost Workforce Productivity & Employee Experience In An Ever-Changing Environment
- Power of the people! Encourage two-way engagement with messages and stories colleagues truly care about to win hearts and minds
- Overcome crisis and major change with effective, focused communications that put employees’ minds to rest in periods of unsettlement
- With employee experience more important than ever, ensure you create engaging, impactful messages that fully encompass company values and keep people on board for the journey
THE STRATEGIC ROLE OF IC - PANEL
09:25 Not Just A Box To Tick! Position Internal Communications As An Integral Function Aligned With Business Goals & Values To Support & Drive Strategic Direction
- Gain trusted advisor status and seats at the top table with bottom-line results to position IC as a strategic business asset
- More than SOS comms: push your internal communications towards a more strategic function that aligns with ongoing business goals and fits the bigger picture
- Where does IC best fit within an organisation? How much should marketing and
HR functions feed in?
Joanna Newark, Head of Communications, Avon
Tor Goldfield, Director of Internal Communications, Expedia Group Travel Partners Group
Sanjay Mistry, Head of Communications, Arriva Rail London
Matthew Pittam, Head of Internal Communication, ScottishPower
Jo Hudson, Global Head of Internal Communications, Bupa
Session Reserved For BEEZY
09:55 Why a modern intranet is the must-have tool for internal comms as we transition to hybrid working
What you'll learn;
- How to communicate and create an inclusive hybrid workplace using your intranet
- How to personalize communications for your employees
- How to integrate your intranet with other communication tools such as Microsoft Teams or Slack
10:15 Effectively Determine The Success Of Internal Communications Strategies With Proactive Measurement Techniques That Truly Capture Results
- Overcome the disconnect between outcome measurement and return on investment with clear measures that capture internal comms success
- More than the annual satisfaction survey! What reasonable measurement strategies can be easily implemented to fully capture employee experience?
- Gather consistent and forward-thinking measures for an early indication of when IC campaigns need to be adapted - and act on them!
Caroline Lagden, Senior Manager, Internal Communications, Lloyds Banking Group
10.30 Bonus Session Reserved For Cowry Consulting
- Learn why communication isn't enough to change behaviour - The Intention Action Gap
- Understand how behavioural science can be used to drive safe behaviour, adopt new systems and engage with performance programmes
- See how simple changes can have transformational effects with your colleagues
Jez Groom, Founder & CEO, Cowry Consulting
10:45 Morning Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
Employee Listening: Step One in Your Hybrid Working Strategy
11:25 Employee Listening: Step One in Your Hybrid Working Strategy
Karian and Box’s Client Solutions Director, Rebecca Moore, explores the critical role that employee listening must play as 97%* of organisations move towards hybrid ways of working. In this session, she uses employee listening trends, client case studies and internal comms expertise to cover:
- Techniques and technologies: how organisations can gain critical insight and increase engagement by listening to employees on an organisation-wide and individual level.
- Taking informed action: practical ways of involving all colleagues in the design of future ways of working.
- Tailoring internal communications (IC): examples of how leaders are using employee listening to shape effective IC strategies and quickly address questions and issues.
*Source: ‘New ways of working: the lasting impact and influence of the pandemic’ report, April 2021, Karian and Box and the Global Institute of Women’s Leadership
CULTURE CHANGE - Q&A PANEL
11:45 Ensure Internal Communications Plays Its Part In Creating An Open, Honest & Empowered Culture That Embraces Change
- It takes years to change a culture! How can you consistently cultivate the messages your business needs to drive culture change?
- It’s no secret that successful culture change must be driven from the top! Ensure leaders understand the importance of investment in culture for essential buy-in
- Celebrate influencers of change and recognise leadership role models to encourage others to do the same for sustained culture change across the business
Kirsty Walden, Head of Internal Communication, Corporate, Change & Channels, Virgin Media
Gemma Webb, Head of Employee Experience, Royal Mail
Aisling Dunleavy, Senior Manager, Content, Process and Internal Communications, Electronic Arts (EA)
Megan Stack, Head of Internal Communication EMEA, Dropbox
James Francis Kenny, Head of Internal Communications, LKQ Europe
12:15 How A New Approach To Internal Communication Will Enhance Your Employee Experience
12:45 Lunch & Informal Networking For Speakers, Delegates & Partners
LUNCHTIME INFORMAL PEER-TO-PEER DISCUSSIONS
13:15 Informal Breakout Discussions
A) Employee Listening: Step One in Your Hybrid Working Strategy
B) Crisis Comms
Rachel Fraser, Head of Internal Communications, Manchester United
C) Middle Management
D) Low Budgets
E) Social Media Success
G) Content & Messaging
13:45 Afternoon Chair’s Opening Remarks
Nicholas Wardle, Head of Employee Engagement & Communications, One Housing
AUDIENCE-LED CHANNEL MIX
13:50 Establish The Optimum Channel Mix & Understand The Needs Of Different Audiences For Engaging, Multi-Channel Communications
- Employees are your best messengers! Ensure your channel mix makes it simple for people to share their own stories for authentic conversations that flow from human voice
- Prioritise channels based on audience needs with tailored messages and aligned content
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your channel mix and move towards multi-channel communications that empower your people without bombarding them
- Balance the old and new! Appeal to all generations with both face-to-face and digitally savvy communications
Anna Epps, Internal Communications Director, BT
14:30 Prove Your Worth From The Bottom To The Top With Defined, Measured Results That Clearly Illustrate Success & Secure Investment
- Determine the key information and business cases leaders want to see to convince them internal comms is a function worth investing in
- Attribute employee experience and performance results to internal communications engagement for continued buy-in from the decision makers
- Articulate results and translate metrics into compelling stories that demand backing and improve the perception of internal communications
Why Video Is Critical To Empowering Your Hybrid Workforce
Effective Communication For Hybrid Workforces
15:20 Ensure You’re Overcoming Communication Barriers Across Your Blended Workforce – Whether They Are Working From Home, The Office Or Hybrid
- With offices opening but part of your workforce remaining at home, how can you maintain one cohesive culture?
- For those who choose to stay remote or hybrid, how can traditional employee engagement methods and internal communications be adapted?
- With Gen Z now entering the workforce, what can be done to engage younger workers?
- Implement the right tools and best channels to send your communications worldwide – travelling across different language, time zones and cultures
Claire Vivyan Roberts, Head of Employee Communications & Experience, Visa Europe
Max Puller, Head of Colleague Communications & Engagement, Tesco Bank
Caroline Lagden, Senior Manager, Internal Communications, Lloyds Banking Group
15:50 Afternoon Refreshment Break With Informal Networking
THE FUTURE OF IC - Q&A PANEL
16:20 Keep-Up With Today’s Constantly Changing Environment & Evolving Employee Expectations With Future-Proofed Internal Communications Strategies
- Change isn’t going to go away! From Brexit to Coronavirus, how are you ensuring employees are ready to adjust to the scary and new with impactful messages?
- With resources tighter than ever, what does the future hold for the internal comms function?
- The next big thing? Predictions on the next trends and technologies to watch out for in 2020 and beyond
- Explore the changing role of internal communications in the business as it gains strategic influence
Tim Rutter, Head of Internal Communication, Tata Steel UK
16:50 Co-Chairs’ Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference